J is out of town 24-25 of July weekend, looking for some weekend miles and elevation.
Sounds like Nick is heading up Longs -- but I think I'll hold off on that for a few weeks, and head up there with J.
I was thinking about making camp somewhere around Aspen, Leadville, or Glenwood for the weekend, and doing something both days. Maybe longer/more technically challenging on Saturday, and then more conservative technically on Sunday?
* 4-pass loop from Maroon Bells TH
* Rio Grande trail: 41 mile rec path Glenwood to Aspen, take the bus back (goal here is to get more miles at elevation)
or (pick 2 of 3)
* Some sort of multi-summit Sawatch binge (class 2/3)
* Tenmile traverse (class 3)
* Some sort of Hoosier Ridge stuff -- 'easier', might be runnable ridge at elevation?
* Other CO trail stuff with decent miles
* Sit at home and drink beer
Anybody interested in any of the above? I'd probably not do anything long class 3+ solo, so would appreciate any strong and motivated company on those. If I'm solo, I'd probably do the more conservative rec path stuff, maybe ride Independence Pass instead. Probably evaluate on weather and stuff. Looking to do something both days...or anybody else got any other big plans?